College & Career Night at GES
Important Dates & Information
GES is trying to achieve a higher monthly attendance percentage than the previous year. All students will be awarded each month that the goal is met! Our attendance goal for the first month of the 2015-16 school year is 97.80%. The homeroom with the best attendance will be awarded “The Traveling Trophy”.
2015-2016 Blackhawk Pride!
Veterans Day 2015 at GES
Fall Festival 2015
GES Teacher Spotlight
Teacher: Jimmy Browning
Grade/Subject Taught: Physical Education
Years of Experience: 12
College Attended/Degree: Murray State University/Walden University: Masters
Clubs/Extracurricular Activities Sponsored: 100 Mile Club, Tennis Club, FCA, SBDM
Family: Wife: Melody, Son: Preston
Hobbies: Fishing, Tennis, Basketball, Church activities, Family Time
Pets: An 18 lb cat: Tiger A lab dog: Brady
Favorite Memory at Greenville Elementary School: I was teaching kindergarten students about the heart and how it is important to be active to keep your heart healthy. I then asked them how big their heart was. Some said big as a watermelon others said it was small as a pea. I then asked a girl who always acted mature beyond her years. She replied, “It depends on how much love you have in your heart Mr. Browning.” I’ll never forget that.
Positive Comments from Staff Members
- Mr. Browning is an amazing role model for young men to look to for how to become a successful gentleman in today's world. We need more men like Jimmy Browning in our schools influencing the male population. Kim House
- He goes above and beyond to help other teachers and students. He is a positive role model for every student. He enjoys what he does each day. Missy Southerland
- He's always got a smile on his face. He's such a positive role model to all students and shows that he truly cares. An all-around good Christian man. I've always enjoyed working with him.
- Mr. Browning is one of the most positive people I know. He's always looking on the bright side and at how to make things better without being a complainer. He has high expectations for our kids, but they know how much he cares about them too.
- He is always in a good mood!!! Great role model for our students. Natalie Stovall
- Mr. Browning goes above and beyond his responsibilities/duties and he always has a smile on his face!
- Mr. Browning is friendly and was very welcoming to my daughter and me. It is hard being a new person, but he always has a smile and asks how my daughter is adjusting. Leslie Handley
- Mr. Browning is very dependable and helps out even when he isn't expected to! My kiddos love going to gym! Jacklyn Murphy
- The epitome of character. He walks the walk of a Christian man, and it shows. He is such a positive influence for the students, and as a P.E. teacher, every child in the building benefits.
- Mr Browning is the best. All the kids love him, you never know what's going on in the gym something different everyday he works very hard changing things up. He is a big part of Greenville Elementary! Van Duncan
- Being new to the school last year, I look to Mr. Browning as an example. He demands respect from the students, but shows them each love and attention. He is always willing to do his job and more. To me, he is the perfect example of the way a teacher should be.
- Mr. Browning is the teacher who volunteers to help with before and after school gym duty everyday. He doesn't seek praise, he does it to help out his fellow co-workers. I appreciate that he is a team player! Lindsey Coldwell
- Mr. Browning shines with a caring nature for children. He is always positive and goes the extra mile for anything he is involved in at Greenville Elementary. Beth Mohon
- Mr. Browning is such a positive male role model in the school. He is very involved with everything that goes on in the building and is always willing to help.
- Mr. Browning has a positive outlook and a hard worker. He goes out of his way to always greet the students. He is an easy going person and soft spoken with the students he works with daily. He takes his job serious and is very professional. He is a very dependable person who will help the staff in any way possible. On top of all these good qualities he is a christian man who cares about others and treats everyone the same. Lorie Beliles
- Mr. Browning is always willing to do his part to help make our students and our school successful. He is definitely a team player!
- I think Mr. Browning is a class act. He is the perfect role model for our young boys. He is dedicated, dependable, friendly, hardworking --- just a great example for all of us. We are blessed to have him at Greenville Elementary. Beverly Carver
- Always has a kind tone!
- Mr. Browning has high expectations for each GES student. I am always impressed to see how consistent he is with his expectations for kids in the hallway and other common areas. Kasey M. Mefford
- "Always willing to help"
- Mr. Browning is very patient with the kids even the more challenging ones. He is kind and caring and shows interest in the kids lives outside of school. Larrah Perry
2015-2016 Blackhawks of the Month
Webmaster: Tabitha Abshire